Saturday, October 23, 2010

X marks the spot!

We are continuing with our bead break so I've decided to put some braided ponies in Kurly T's hair. I washed and conditioned with Mixed Chicks, moisturized with Giovanni Direct Leave In mixed with water and sealed with castor oil. I used Taliah Waajid Kinky Wavy Natural Herbal Style & Shine to style. I love this stuff! I parted from ear to ear, then put 2 ponies up front. Then parted an X in the back part of her hair and separated the hair into 4 ponies. I used double rubberbands soaked in olive oil to band the ponies. I braided 5 braids per pony and added extra product to the end to twirl to give the curly look. I added some ballies to the front 2 ponies and matching Goody pony holders to the back. I liked this look because I was able to change the colors of her hair accessories daily giving a whole new look! We will definitely be doing this again. We hope you likey! Happy Styling!

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I really like that style. How long does it last for you? Do you use any holding products to keep it that way? My main problem with my daughter's hair is when its not braided up (small to medium cornrows) the style doesnt last for longer than a day if that. Most of the times it is frizzy in the morning because she is a very wild sleeper. So just curious as to if you use any styling products...Gonna try this tonight because I would like to give my daughters hair a break also...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laleepop! The style lasted for about a week before I refreshed it. I just took the rubberbands off and brushed it and put them back on and it was good as new. The braids lasted 2 weeks due to the Taliah Wajid Kinky, Wavy Natural Shine and Style. That's all I use for hold, it is awesome! I have come to realize that her hair is going to frizz regardless, the question then becomes how much frizz can I handle lol. Good luck and share your pics with us, I'd love to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this style..its cute!

    ReplyDelete